It has been hard these last few days after watching the second season of Ted Lasso come to a close. There is no doubt that this show has captured the hearts of those that watch. This is a show that gives us hope is humanity, reminds us that we have a better version of ourself if we choose to believe in it. Ted Lasso is the ultimate life coach!
But we all can agree that there is one food item synonymous with this show and that is Ted’s pretty pink box he delivers every day to Rebecca for this Biscuits with the Boss time. Three small slices of buttery flakey heaven. In the show, you can see how these biscuits transport Rebecca to a happier place as I hope maybe this recipe will. Keep in mind if you have never had shortbread before, this is a cookie that is not sweet. This is a cookie that is more about a crumbly buttery texture than sweetness. Prefect for drinking with coffee or tea.
Now, if you are looking for the pink boxes that Ted has an endless supply of. They are quite hard to find. I did find a downloadable template. https://www.saltharvestcreatives.com/ted-lassos-pink-biscuit-box/
“I feel like we fell out of the lucky tree and hit every branch on the way down, ended up in a pool of cash and Sour Patch kids.” My sentiments about this show! If you haven’t had the chance to enjoy it, it streams on Apple TV.
Biscuits with the Boss - Shortbread Cookies
- stand mixer
- 8x8 inch pan
- measuring cups and spoons
- parchment paper
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened and a little extra for greasing pan
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 2 cup flour, sifted
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 300F°. Grease 8x8 inch square pan.
- In a medium bowl, sift flour and salt together. Set aside.
- Beat butter for 3-5 minute on medium high speed with paddle attachment until butter is light and fluffy. Turn down the speed of mixer, and slowly add the powdered sugar. Once sugar is mixed in, add in the flour and salt mixture, and only mix in for one to two minutes.
- Transfer the batter to greased 8x8 pan. Using a parchment paper, or bottom of measuring cup to make a smooth even surface on top. Refrigerate dough for 30 minutes.
- Bake 45-60 minutes. Visual cue for doneness is looking at the side of pan to see if the dough has separated for the edge of the pan. Top should be a light golden color. Allow to cool before cutting into pieces
- Recommended cutting: three columns with 5 rows.